Reference to the Banner Christian Symbol in the Bible
The Easton Bible Dictionary provides the following definitions, meaning and emblem for the Banner Christian Symbol in the Bible.
(1.) The flag or banner of the larger kind, serving for three tribes marching together. These standards, of which there were four, were worked with embroidery and beautifully ornamented (Num. 1:52; 2:2, 3, 10, 18, 25; Cant. 2:4; 6:4, 10).
(2.) The flag borne by each separate tribe, of a smaller form. Probably it bore on it the name of the tribe to which it belonged, or some distinguishing device (Num. 2:2,34).
(3.) A lofty signal-flag, not carried about, but stationary. It was usually erected on a mountain or other lofty place. As soon as it was seen the war-trumpets were blown (Ps. 60:4; Isa. 5:26; 11:12; 13:2; 18:3; 30:17; Jer. 4:6 21; Ezek. 27:7).
The definition and the meaning of
Symbols or Icon in early religious
art forms. A Catholic sign or icon,
such as the Banner Christian Symbol,
is an object, character, figure, or
color used to represent abstract
ideas or concepts - a picture that
represents an idea. A religious
icon, such as the Banner Christian
Symbol, is an image or symbolic
representation with sacred
significance. The meanings, origins
and ancient traditions surrounding
Christian symbols date back to early
times when the majority of ordinary
people were not able to read or
write and printing was unknown. Many
were 'borrowed' or drawn from early
Banner Christian Symbol
- The Importance of Catholic Symbolism or Icons in Religious Art such as the banner
- Religious Art and Symbolism of the banner
- Banner Christian Symbol Religious symbol and Bible Reference
- Symbolism and early religious meaning in art of the Banner Christian Symbol
- Ancient history, biblical meanings and practices of the church
- Facts, Information, Meanings and Definitions about symbols
- Religious Christian Symbolism of the banner
- Significance and representations of the Banner Christian Symbol