Reference to the Bells Christian Symbol in the Bible
The Easton Bible Dictionary provides the following definition, meaning and emblem for the Bells Christian Symbol in the Bible. The Bellss first mentioned in Scripture are the small golden Bellss attached to the hem of the high priest's ephod (Ex. 28:33, 34, 35). The "Bellss of the horses" mentioned by Zechariah (14:20) were attached to the bridles or belts round the necks of horses trained for war, so as to accustom them to noise and tumult.
To Curse by Bell, Book and Candle
To curse by bell, book and candle is a solemn form of excommunication used in the Roman Catholic church, the bell being tolled, the book of offices for the purpose being used, and three candles being extinguished with certain ceremonies.
The definition and the meaning of Symbols or Icon in early religious art forms. A Catholic sign or icon, such as the Bells Christian Symbol, is an object, character, figure, or color used to represent abstract ideas or concepts - a picture that represents an idea. A religious icon, such as the Bells Christian Symbol, is an image or symbolic representation with sacred significance. The meanings, origins and ancient traditions surrounding Christian symbols date back to early times when the majority of ordinary people were not able to read or write and printing was unknown. Many were 'borrowed' or drawn from early pre-Christian traditions.
Bells Christian Symbol
- The Importance of Catholic Symbolism or Icons in Religious Art
- Religious Information, Meaning and Definition of the Bells Christian Symbol
- Bells Christian Symbol Religious symbol and Bible Reference
- Symbolism and early religious meaning in art of the Bells Christian Symbol
- Ancient history, biblical meanings and practices of the church
- Facts, Information, Meanings and Definitions about symbols
- Religious Christian Symbolism - The Bell and Bells
- Significance and representations of the Bells