Christian Symbolism of the Dolphin in a Medieval Bestiary
A Bestiary was a medieval book with allegorical descriptions of real and fabled animals, such as the Dolphin which were often full of symbolism and contained a moral or religious lesson or allegory. A Bestiary reflected the belief that the world itself was the Word of God, and that every living creature had its own special meaning.
The Definition and Meaning of the Dolphin as a Symbol
The Meaning of the Dolphin as a Religious Christian Symbol. Dolphins have always been a greatly admired species. They were admired for their speed together with their productivity and believed to be successful in their endeavours. It was believed that individuals should aspire to imitate in their kindness and their skills in giving aid to others.
- Religious Information, Meaning and Definition of the Dolphin
- Dolphin Religious symbol and Bible Reference
- Bestiary Religious symbols
- Bestiary and Bible Reference
- Religious Christian Symbolism
- Ancient history and biblical meanings
- Facts, Information, Meanings and Definitions about the Dolphin