The Sparrow Christian Symbol
represents and symbolizes the
concern of God for the most
insignificant living things.
Reference to the Sparrow Christian Symbol in the Bible
The Easton Bible Dictionary provides the following definition, meaning and emblem for the Sparrow Christian Symbol in the Bible.
Mentioned among the offerings made by the very poor.
Two sparrows were sold for a farthing (Matt. 10:29), and five for two farthings (Luke 12:6).
The Hebrew word is 'tsippor', which properly denotes the whole family of small birds which feed on grain (Lev. 14:4; Ps. 84:3; 102:7).
The Greek word of the New Testament is 'strouthion' (Matt. 10:29-31).
The definition and the meaning of Symbols or Icon in early religious art forms. A Catholic sign or icon, such as the Sparrow Christian Symbol, is an object, character, figure, or color used to represent abstract ideas or concepts - a picture that represents an idea. A religious icon, such as the Sparrow Christian Symbol, is an image or symbolic representation with sacred significance. The meanings, origins and ancient traditions surrounding Christian symbols date back to early times when the majority of ordinary people were not able to read or write and printing was unknown. Many were 'borrowed' or drawn from early pre-Christian traditions.
Sparrow Christian Symbol
- The Importance of Catholic Symbolism or Icons in Religious Art - the sparrow
- Religious Information, Meaning and Definition of the Sparrow Catholic Art Symbolism
- Sparrow Christian and Religious symbolism with Bible References
- Symbolism and early religious meaning in art of the Sparrow Christian Symbol
- Ancient history, biblical meanings and practices of the church
- Facts, Information, Meanings and Definitions about symbols
- Religious Christian Symbolism - the sparrow
- Significance and representations of the Sparrow Christian Symbolism