The Definition and Meaning of the Alpha and Omega as a Christian Symbol
Catholic Christian symbolism in art provides a clear graphic illustration which represents people or items of religious significance. What is the definition and the meaning of the Alpha and Omega Christian Symbol? The Alpha and Omega represents the following:
Alpha - The Latin word alpha or the Greek word 'a`lfa and from Hebrew , the name of the first letter in the alphabet, also meaning ox. The first letter in the Greek alphabet, answering to A, and hence used to denote the beginning.
Omega - (Rev. 1:8), the last (24th) letter in the Greek alphabet. The ending of a series or sequence; "the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end"--Revelation
Meaning - Alpha and Omega refer to the eternal nature of Christ.
Reference to the Alpha and Omega in the Bible
The definition and meaning in the Bible.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the
first and the last.
Rev. xxii. 13.
Alpha and Omega
- The Importance of Christian Symbolism or Icons in Religious Art
- Religious Information, Meaning and Definition of the Omega in Christian Symbolism
- Religious symbol and Bible Reference
- Symbolism and early religious meaning in art of the Alpha and Omega
- Ancient history, biblical meanings and practices of the church
- Facts, Information, Meanings and Definitions about symbols
- Religious Christian Symbolism
- Significance and representations